Among one of many reasons to target the Android platform, first and foremost is cost. On average you can get an Android smartphone for a fraction of the cost of an iPhone. They may not have commensurate features, but thrift is a major component for new smartphone buyers. Next is flexibility. Developers can often find on cheap and imported Android devices a version of Google Play that is maintained by the manufacturer. Developers should develop as if they expect their app to be available to all Android devices.
- Besides cost, why should mobile app developers target the Android platform?
- Why is Android competition to itself?
- Describe key ingredients needed to create mobile applications on the iOS platform.
To participate in the Discussion, respond to the Discussion prompt by Day 3. Then, read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. Finally, respond to at least two classmates by Day 5 in one or more of the following ways:
- Complete the Week #4 Discussion by the assigned due date. Late assignments will not be accepted.
- This is a required assignment and is worth 50 points.
- You must apply and use the basic citation styles of APA.
- Do not claim credit for the words, ideas, and concepts of others.
- Use in-text citation and list the reference of your supporting source following APA’s style and formatting
- Do not copy and paste information or concepts from the Internet and claim that is your work. It will be considered Plagiarism and you will receive a zero for your work.
- Use this link to access the Discussion Board
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned and/or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.