Full Question refer to the Word document
Need total 6 pages
Susans Consulting Company (SCC) – Problem Overview
Susans Consulting Company (SCC) has been in business for ten years and has experienced a significant turnover in the project management group, which has prompted senior leadership to investigate.
A preliminary review by senior leadership has determined that Project Managers are frustrated with the amount of required project management documentation, which has impacted their ability to manage projects successfully.
A recent review of the project management process has determined that SCC has spent between 30-40% of its total project budget on projects’ overhead costs to include project management costs. A review of industry standards is between 5-15% higher than most companies. In addition, senior leaders found that projects are being delivered between 25% and 50% over budget and late 95% of the time.
Note: Project Management overhead includes the PM’s time managing the project, attending meetings, and developing the required documentation.
Request: SCC has reached out to your team because you are experts in defining project management processes and delivering projects on time. The SCC request includes the following:
- The development of a new project management process which at a minimum should include the following:
- The ability to track issues, risks, and changes
- The ability to view project activities to include the ability to view what has been completed and what activities the team is currently working on and what will be done over the next reporting period
- The ability to view the project costs to include what has been spent to date, baseline budget, any changes to the budget, remaining budget, and cost of the project at completion
- In addition, to building a new project management process, SCC would like you and your team to manage a project using the new process.
Step 1: Identify a project manager – this individual is responsible for the team assignment ensuring that team members are completing their assigned work and will be responsible for turning in the assignment.
General Note: Your instructor will act as the sponsor both for the project and for the methodology build-out. Any questions should be directed to me.
Step 2: Build a Methodology
- Identify and describe the methodology to be used by the company. This should include both a narrative and pictorial representation of the methodology.
- Identify and describe the required deliverables for your process.
- Identify and describe the proposed review and update process for your methodology.
- Identify one or more prioritization techniques that will be used to prioritize work – examples can be PV, IRR, NPV, Pay Back Period, and/or dot voting
- Identify at least 3-5 risks a company should think about when identifying a new methodology.
- Identify and describe the optimum organizational structure for the methodology
Step 3: The Project
Using your new methodology, SCC would like you and you to complete the following project:
Scope: The scope of the project consists of 9 applications
Develop a team agreement
Identify at least ten potential stakeholders for your project.
Identify at least five risks to include both threats and opportunities associated with the project. For each risk, please include the following information:
Description of the risk