Write a paper (1,600-1,800 words) in which you address the following based on the information provided in the “West Chester Private School Case Study” resource.
- Review how organizations interact with their external environment (as open systems). Evaluate the effectiveness West Chester Private School (WCPS) as an open system at the time of the closure.
- Review the readings provided for this topic on the internal environment of organizations. Evaluate the organizational culture at the time the decision to close two campuses was made.
- Evaluate the decision made by Dr. Murphy and Educations Management Services (EMS) in terms of the process of going about the closure. Explain how the behavioral decision-making model was applied in the WCPS’s decision to shut down its campuses.
- Analyze one major technology and innovation challenge that WCPS faced and propose a solution that would make WCPS more competitive in meeting the needs of the three primary stakeholders affected.
- Provide an explanation, using appropriate management theories, for how the administration could have handled the closure effectively with stakeholders. Include one theory from each of the following: the classical approach, the human relations approach, and the modern management approach.
- Provide a suggestion of two goals: one long-term and one short-term goal for the future direction of WCPS. Include a justified rationale of the suggestions.
- Concluding statement: Integrate the four functions of management as a means to revamp management at WCPS and meet the recommended goals.